Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Here Come Johnny and He'll Tell You the Story, Backbeat the Talkin' Blues

RTFM, I used to have a shirt when I thought those sentiments, as I transition from computer geek to 'business professional,' I think differently about that age old saying.

Rookie advice --
Sh*t About Contracts --

-- Plan your purchase
-- Plan your contract
-- Request Response
-- Select Sellers
-- Administer Contract
-- Close Contract

....and pay close attention to all this sh*t, all the time -- non-verbal communication and all that jazz.

In any case, in ANY contract negotiating, buy a lawyer to read sh*t in advance of anything you sign, intentions swing like pendulums, and contracts are written for different circumstances, and most importantly, what Jerry McGuire taught us the whole 'But'cha do have my word, and it's stronger than oak' simply doesn't hold water.

If you don't understand what you're getting into, all things considered, find someone who does.

Que Sera Sera, psychohistory says things are they way the are, and the way they should be, and in dealing with contracts just stick to ol' boy scout motto, "BE PREPARED."

......and yes, I do practice what I preach

No comments: