Tuesday, January 23, 2007

He's A Bandit and a Heartbreaker, Oh But Jesus Was A Crossmaker

Mom made us go to Sunday school, to the extent that my two sisters had 14 years of perfect attendance, and I had 13 years. I still remember the Sunday I missed, I was about 12. I was really caught up in a Lost in Space episode and I couldn't be bothered to make the trip to Sunday school. Well, mum didn't talk to me for about 2 weeks, so therefore I didn't miss a Sunday ever again.

Notice 3 Bruns kids in the picture, my two lovely sisters in the back row middle and just check out that mop of hair I had on my head!


I'm glad Mom stressed for us to go to Sunday school every Sunday. If not for this, I would have slept in on Sunday most of the time, instead I always learned something, was exposed to different ideas, and met a lot of great people in the process.

4 comments:

Shannon Gillar Of The Sugarland Gillars said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon Gillar Of The Sugarland Gillars said...

Debbie, Debbie - Its Debra!

Debra was cute, even back then. I remember her showing me a string of perfect attendance pins.. Good times.

Well our kids will not get the perfect attendance award, to many family obligations in Shiner/Round rock on the weekends.

Ashton said...

overachiever! lol

Christina said...

DUDE. Every time I think back to those days in the good ol' United Dr. Martin Luther, I remember you being in Sunday School EVERY. FREAKING. SUNDAY.

I miss that upstairs classroom/game room/goof off room. Good times.