Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Laika Flew Through the Inky Blue, 'Til Laika Neared the Atmosphere and Laika Knew, Laika's Life was Through

Laika, I love reading about stuff like this, simply because it crosses so many disciplines. Laika was a dog sent up into space, and was the first living creature to prove that living creatures could live in outer space.

1. I think that would have been AWESOME to live during the space race, a time where vessels that explored the great beyond were reflective of societies achievements.

2. Wonder if PETA would let that happen now, what rights would the dog have, and the ethics of it all in this day and age. It reminds me of when Ali G asked 'Do'z you'z thinks that FOX woulds like his skin to be'z on P' Diddy'z back during his world premiere video?' to an animal rights activist.

And then there's always Billy Bragg's ironic sentiments on outer space in the song 'A New England' -- Wonder if wishing on space hardware actually makes your dreams come true??

I saw two shooting stars last night
I wished on them but they were only satellites
Is it wrong to wish on space hardware
I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care

No comments: