Tuesday, June 05, 2007

In the Beginning when we were Winning, When Our Smiles were Genuine

The Manic Street Preachers, an edgy band described as 'adult anthem rock,' have a new album out. One song even features the new love of my life, the lead singer of the Cardigans. I've enjoyed these tunes / lyrics tremendously over the years, even this deviant gave them serious kudos before he was Mr I'm Indie Rock God but I really don't want to be indie rock God.

Follow the bands trail, you'll find two very dark albums, This is my Truth, Tell me yours, and The Holy Bible. Also, you'll find what I deem to be a serious 'chip on their shoulder' concerning America with the tune 'If White America had to tell the truth for one Day, it's whole world would fall apart', but I guess who doesn't these days.

However, they did cover the M*A*S*H theme 'Suicide is Painless,' ....ahhh, M*A*S*H, they don't make em' like that anymore. Interestingly too, founding member Richey Edwards disappeared in 1995 and was never found. Perhaps he's living with Elvis, Cobain, and Tupac under someone's stairs.

A youtube of my favorite Manics song, oooo so sad, but oooo so strong and powerful. I especially like that sweet a$$ white Gibson rippin' out that simple clean channel solo towards the end of the tune.

No comments: