Saturday, July 07, 2007

And I Need it More Than Love, And I Love It More Than Life, And I Want those Stars Above to Shine this Night

It behooves you NOT to drink 7 rum and cokes the night before a 5k race.

However, a shower and a nice chocolate milk in the morning hit the spot, and we were off to the races. Krysi, cowboy, Alex and Larry partook in the 5k, 5k, 5k, 10k respectively.


At the starting line, I run into ol Bob Koenning, runnin' the race, he's 50 now and he's been doing it for the last 30 years! You go! -- Some years back boy did Mike D and I have a great time with him at his brother / my good friend Brandon's wedding.


Well, how did I do? In our division, Alex came in first, I came in second. YEA, BOOOYAH, just check out that bling!


Later that day, the good ol' Shiner parade, Grant, Collin, Meagan, Carson, Krysi, Alissa, Kyle, Ayden and Gavin, gettin' ready to wave back to the parade wavers, and pillage the street for candy.


The Hobo Band, I must say, just awesome for Shiner, I think they're very unique, notice the plunger for the conductor.

No comments: