Tuesday, July 31, 2007

and if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

If there were digital natural wonders of the world, like the Taj Mahal and such, The Dark Side of the Moon album would be up there! I'm assuming the album was conceived by watching wizard of oz, b/c the sync is unthinkable otherwise. How about that creepy part where the guy hangs himself as they meet tin man and go walking into the woods.

man, what can I talk about?

Let's talk about 'backups.' How bout those people you made that deal with, If I'm 30 and not married, let's get together. I'm AT that age, and I see how unrealistic that line of thinking is, not because its unconventional, but because people drift in different directions when they're single, and I would think good couples make the choice to drift in the same direction, and its just too damn hard to turn on a dime.

It makes me think of the things people tell themselves to make themselves feel ok, or justified, and as I do an initial scan of my emotions, I try to think of things I tell myself to make myself feel better, and ummmm, I can't really think of anything. Does that make me miserable? Probably more than most, but I hope its a treating the disease not the symptoms type habits that I'm developing, being able to not be short cited in thoughts, and attacking problems at the source.

I've come to a point when I'm not paddling upstream so much anymore, emotionally and physically. Find yourself a girl and setting down Mr Benson and Mr White say, and then steady as she goes. Those sentiments used to scare the bejesus out of me, but now I'm understanding its natural and essential for a healthy disposition.

I think the key (for me at least) in that whole love thing is finding a mate that is reasonable, open, and adventurous with a touch, just a touch of crazy.

Rock garden, plant, dog, relationship -- The rock garden is perfectly cultivated, the plants are live and well, I want a dog badly (but first stable life -- how contradictory is this parenthesis), then girl on the wing. Looking at this progression and in correlation with the other 'phases' one goes through in life, in a contorted sorta way, wise man builds house on rock.

As the train rolls on, I'm running at a nice fast pace in front of it, and my internal disposition couldn't be better.

No comments: