Monday, August 13, 2007

In The Middle of the Night, I Go Walkin' In My Sleep

First off, shout out to Casey and Jan in Bryan / College Station, who are fans of the blog! Glad y'all are reading, please don't think I'm a bizarre kid, even though I'm a bizarre kid. I hate y'all for getting to see Rush, and Jan, congrats on the new job. :)

Tonight marks the first time in over a year I've had my 'own' place to live in the big city. It's nice, it's relaxing. Thanks sooo much sis for letting me stay with y'all foreva, and Bob and Mel, words can't thank y'all enough, and I look forward to washing clothes at y'alls place, the laundromat down the street is a bit seedy.

Tis the best time of day to take pictures, using the natural light of the sun and atmosphere. Here's my adobe-pueblo'ish apartment. I'm first floor on the left. I'm wondering if this is going to give relevance to the 'sleep with one eye open, gripping your pillow tight' Metallicock lyric.


Walking down the road, lots of cool murals, here's one on a sidewalk, heading downtown.


The road coming out of the base, a nice curve downward, golf course on the right, followed by New Braunfels, Broadway, and Austin street.


How ironic this is the road that rolls up into base.


I'm one block away from the botanical gardens, I'm looking forward to seeing what kinda crazy stuff is growning inside these things.


San Antonio sorta reminds me of sunny Barcelona, on first impulse, then i think, what am I thinking. Barcelona is AMAZING, San Antonio has the capacity to be cool. I'm surrounded by a lot of cool things, and I can already tell there are going to be some great walks and bike rides.


Finally, meet MIMO, he's my new wireless router, say hi to the world MIMO, everyone, tell MIMO hi. 7 antennas in this puppy, hopefully I'm not drowning out my neighbors.

1 comment:

SG said...

Hi MIMO...
I guess