Thursday, September 13, 2007

Catholic School, As Vicious as Roman Rule, I Got My Knuckles Bruised by a Lady In Black

Cable modem one step closer to being fixed in the meantime, wifi enabled pub FINALLY and Bob and Mel's place.

Tomorrow I see Crowded House, why do I keep bringing this up? Well imagine a little zit faced Robert with hair back in the 80's listening to the only rock radio station that bleeds into Shiner, jammin' CH, then buying the cassettes, then just listening to the pure simplicity and honesty in Neil Finn's songwriting.

It also holds what I used to think, well, if I got married would be my 'wedding slogan.' It's always in the back of my mind, that next evolution in life that is, it's what fascinates me these days, how people make it work, and how many people live functionally dysfunctional lives in love.

"There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost, but you'll never see the end of the road while you're travelling with me."

It makes me happy thinking about sweating in the 100 degree weather tomorrow, all kinds of bands and people around me.

It makes me think of the simple things in life, things I wish I could train myself to wake up and feel every morning. Thinks like a freshly cleaned restroom after a pound or two of Rudy's BBQ, like tonight en-route to Bob's house.

My ping pong record for the evening, 5 wins, 1 loss. How did I lose you ask? Well, all that BBQ.

No comments: