Friday, November 16, 2007

The future is just a word, that's how I recall it, The Past is Much More Present in Our Yawning

Holy toledo, the song 'Wet Ground', extremely deep, extremely meaningful, and if I had a clue about the charisma of Bergen Norwegians, snow and sentimentality, this is the sound I'd peg them with, and I think I'd be right in accessing the undercurrent of their thoughts. How's that for a run-on sentence?

I think you'll find it in a handful of cities on this side of the pond, people actually knowing the backing vocals. Every time I hear this song it makes me feel and think something differently, and I'm sure I've listened to this song more than he's played it.


The opener, Dan Wilson, old lead singer of Semisonic, who I recall seeing in 96 or 97, and I remember Ashley B loved his hip shaking. He sang closing time, introduced it as the song about your kid that sucks, even though its the 'most important' song you've ever written, and the rest of the band doesn't want to be assholes and say it sucks. The blast from the past was perfect for the opening act, and his solo stuff is really good too :)

No comments: