Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I'm Just Tryin' To Find A Decent Melody, A Song that I can sing in my own company

Problems of the heart call for a U2 record. How is it that Bono just knows what to say to me. I love him and I hate him all at once. People who know what to do and say at the right time truly have a gift.

Tonight I unloaded my camera from my trip that seems to be already ages ago.

This is the top bubble of the Reistag, want to read some great reading, google search the Reistag fire, and take a gander at all the crazy political turbulence that lead up to that moment. The little blue thing is where the German parliament conducts business, and every angle of the building is designed for transparency.


Space age indeed.


A black and white pyre full of mirrors that words cannot do justice.


A menacing site under the moonlight, actually that 'scary' German logo, they call the 'plump chicken' or something like that. It looks mean, but the symbolism is different.


The Europa center in what used to be the main area in West Berlin. Lots going on in the area, lots of integration activity. The 'Zoo' Station is no longer the hub, there is now a 'main' station different from Zoo and Alexanderplatz. These are just observations, I wasn't there long enough to really scope it out.


The TV tower in Alexanderplatz, the feeling here is amazing, one of my favorite places in the world.


Can't leave out a picture of the Brandenburg gate, impressive, and the symbolism, amazing.


Breaking porcelain, a tradition, most brought dishes, these gals smashed a toilet, what a site!


The BBQ pit before the steaks and braut were thrown on. I enjoyed talking to the man who made the BBQ, he had a fascinating story or two to tell.


Yum Yum Yum!


Franzi and Marco cleaning the aftermath.


Cutting through the heart to enter.


The Culture Hall where the wedding reception was in Wusterwitz.


The grub, I heard many cool stories about the food and what a 'champion' the chef was who catered. Put it short, best grub I've ate in at least 10 years, possibly in my life.


More pictures, commentary and video to come.

No comments: