Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Company Always on the Run, Destiny is a Rising Sun

A blog posting for the ages, in about 10 hours or so I'll be at the summit of this. I've heard its got seven or eight false summits, so the beer at this place will go down fresh and smooth, even if it's Coors Light. Why not tap the Rockies.

We'll see how it goes, it's questionable, very unprepared, except for the 90 dollar hiking shoes I bought tonight, which certainly leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If it's mind over matter, I'm there, but I'm a conditioned computer geek who loves his food and beverage, hence the matter part will surely play a factor.

I just keep thinking Into Thin Air, and elbert to everest is like ....well, no comparison

1 comment:

SG said...

We drove within 10 miles of this mountain about about 2 weeks ago on highway 82. Wish I had known you were going there at the time, I would have paid more attention to it. I was pretty cold up there, I can tell you that..

Debra was pretty scared driving highway 82 over the continental divide...

Good luck on you hike..