Friday, January 09, 2009

there was no bed, there were no chairs, there was no roof, there was no stairs

Great conversation today with co-worker who had similar experience in his youth as I recommended Wild Man's Journey.

Rites of passage, especially into manhood seem to have taken a back seat in modern times, especially for ones who've lost a dad. It's a very fascinating human element the more you explore it, and also exhilarating.

I can recall several life incidents in which I'm standing in circumstance, and there's a gap between when it began and I ended, all subtle but very apparent when taken a closer look. Family relations, girls, sports, jobs, emotions, the way you frame yourself in the universe,.....all things considered.

I'm getting close to being talked into the New Warrior Program, to perhaps fill in some of these gaps.

No comments: