Monday, May 18, 2009

Christ could walk on water we can wade through the war You don't need to tell me who the fire is for

4 am venture to the loo's this morning reveals the moon / star that's present on the flag of Islam, man and his symbols.

It's safe to say that 'things' move 3-4 times quicker here than back home, strip the frivolous politics from you day to day work environment and you get what you have here, you need it, you got it. No pet rocks in the building, a great caliber of people all around.

What have I been doing to stave off insanity and attempt to create rhythm? Trying very hard to create a routine. Never thought I'd be happy to say 'I'm glad its Monday, but I am, for its when America lights up, around 4pm here, the people, the markets, the list serves.

I've found a nice walkabout around a lake, inside its about 60 degrees with the computers, outside its 100 plus. I do plan on making 5pm or so 'calling time' to family back home, and 5am calling time for friends back home. Breakfast, lunch and dinner, tea run at the barista 9pm, PX run to look at the same ol' crusty stuff in the afternoon, 'Blackhawk Mall' on Saturday.

There are other options I'm looking at too, all in all, I would say enough to keep busy for the tour here.

Speaking of tours, also plenty time to start planning my world tour 2010. Starting in Iceland, so far the cities are..

Reykjavik
Oslo
Stockholm
Helsinki
St Petersburg
Istanbul
Damascus
Tel Aviv
Riyad
Moscow
Mumbai
Hong Kong
Bangkok
Ho Chi Minh
Manila
Melbourne
Sydney
Auckland
Honolulu
Panama
Bogota
Quito
Rio
Buenos Aires
Santiago

---
Dept of Defense Banter for the day: 'People often consider if their lives have made a difference, Marines don't have that problem.' --- My hat goes off to these folks, I'd say they have the hardest job in modern day warfare.

No comments: