Monday, September 21, 2009

So, if you sit down heavy with your pen and ink, Or you’re talking to yourself while you’re scrubbing the sink

It's been a long time since I've clung to a band like the past few months with Roman Candle.

What makes me gravitate towards them?  Clear, concise lyrics -- While reading amazon review I see the album bashed because of the literal nature of the lyrics, and how that tends to get annoying.

My response, not everything has to be so damn ironical.  Next thing you know someone will bring a live duck on stage and squeeze a quack out of it at the opportune time, in much awe of the iphone laden crowd.

I think about the media and their fear factors and survivors and the slippery slop that they constantly have to slide down to up the ante.  Politics, religion, the economy, relationships, photo shopped objects of your affection, you name it, its been polarized, sensationalized and altered.

I've made a concerted effort in life to be one of those that SLAMS on the breaks of this nonsense.  Life is a balance between patience and tolerance, and people who understand that usually make balanced and informed decisions.

No comments: