Tuesday, October 06, 2009

All the Japanese with their yen, The party boys call the Kremlin, Slide feet up street bend your back, Shift your arm then you pull it back

It's about 64 days before touch down in Cairo.  I am excited to see the city and all of its splendor and trash.  I can't wait for a 5 star hotel on the Nile, and hot air balloon over the valley of the kings, and why not a good cheesy pyramid laser light show!
 
It's amazing I've been playing the game 'Civilization' since I was probably 12, so I know Egyptian culture through that lense.  Amazing a Civilization so advanced for the time, all along the Nile.  Strangly enough I've been reading with fascination about silt and the Nile.
 
What's exciting is that it'll be my first jaunt through a muslim country, I hope to get at least a decent view of the cultural divide that exists.  I want to go off the beaten path a little bit, but not too much.
 
I can always see the pivot points in life, and this trip culturally will be one of them.

No comments: