Saturday, November 11, 2006

Brown as a Berry From Riding the Prairie, and He Sings with An Old Western Draw

The 50k Wurstride bike ride today, something I didn't really 'train' for, turned out to be not really difficult, sorta.

Waking up in the morning, cold as windy as the dickens, the first mile out of the starting block, I'm all happy and giddy, first 3 miles are like, ahhh, this isn't gonna be bad at all. Around mile 5, a huge f*ckin' hill, by the time I've reached the summit, I'm like damn, this is gonna be a LOOOONG ride.

To start, Garth, Stephanie, Bob and I. Garth has the mobile Ipod and speakers, a wonderful setup, as they go thru the rural route jammin.


Me and Bob tore up the 'race,' therefore we didn't see Garth and Step till the end of the race, where free beer and sausage were being served. Check out my helmet, the shadow I cast on the road made me look like some kinda french wussy.


Brown as a berry you ask, yes, this was my biking attire, dickies shorts, while most other had plenty ass padding, so as I'm typing this up the next day, the only thing that is sore is my bottom.


Verdict, against the wind sucks, big ass rural hills suck, riding a mountain bike long distances sucks, but overall the trip is pretty easy.

Granted, I only passed two people along the way, and it seems like everyone else was passing me by, but o well, I can do the course, then drink 10 spatens, perhaps the best beer on the planet.

For the BASH, there will have to be a bike upgrade, one of us responsible for the tunes, one for the pony keg, and of course we will have to identify a lifeline, therefore making the BASH one big mobile tailgate party --- any takers?

No comments: