Austin City Limits music festival goes on this weekend, and I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be having some brews with friends. in 100 degree weather.
I think of the festival scene that seems to have in recent years sprung up around the states. This is a time of charlatans that dominate the festival scene, we as an indie collective soak up every drop.
Thinking about if I was a gazillionaire, what festival would I set up? Where, when, and who?
For starters I'd say Geneva Switzerland, perhaps sometime late August.
On Friday -- It would be 'my favorite band day' -- all the heavy hitters, Billy Bragg, Sondre Lerche, Ben Folds, Crowded House, etc culminating with a performance with Neil Hannon and the Divine Comedy. I'd say, Neil, GO NUTS, you need a 100? 200? people in the orchestra, you got it!
Saturday -- We'd call it beautiful nostalgia day, one in which Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen with an acoustic guitar minus the e-street band, Dylan circa early 70's and others.

No comments:
Post a Comment