You have to put a 90 mile bike ride into perspective, every like bit helps. For common folks, this is pretty hardcore, in the perspective of things I guess its pretty 'sissy,' but I sorta see it as a 'rite of passage' into bike manhood. I plan on doing sever rides like this over the years. Why? It's actually nice to experience all 5 senses on the open road, and you catch things you wouldn't under other circumstances.
I also bought some shirts with extra padding, they feel GREAT on a hard bike seat, but when walking.....well, it feels like you are wearing a soiled diaper.
There's a rest stop every 20 miles on the bash, or gasp, or whatever they are calling it this year, and hopefully yall wonderful friends / family of mine will meet me at the stops for some moral support. I'll post the route soon, it's a beautiful stretch out in the backwoods of Texas.

No comments:
Post a Comment