Saturday, April 30, 2005

Loud Cuban Band Crucifying John Lennon

Just when I thought Saturday was over, I get a text message from Orlando, a great bud that lives downtown San Antonio, so I decided to join them at this posh birthday party in a posh hotel. So posh, I felt just a tad bit insecure rollin up in there with my crusty old navy shirt on. At the door, the guest list guy said 'can I help you sir,' and I just said I'm with Catalina (Orlando's lovely wife, who was looking wonderful), and I just scampered in right after her. At any rate, got a few top shelf bourbon drinks for free, was introduced to the birthday boy and gave him best wishes.

After the party, we went to a slightly upscale bar downtown, cocktails were $6 bucks each, but luckily Orlando was loaded and he was buying my drinks! Thanks dude! There was a cuban band playing as Catalina explained to me the finer points of dancing salsa. The just came back from Buenos Aires, said it was a wonderful trip.

At any rate, here's a few pics, Orlando and Catalina tearing up the dancefloor, and Orlando and I, me flashing the "ATX" gang sign, don't know if you can tell.





What a long night!

No comments: