Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Color of Her Eyes Were the Color of Insanity

Ahhh, The Texas Renaissance Festival, I've been waiting to go back for 14 years, When I was a young, I suppose a JR in high school I went to this with sis, and it was spectacular. Don't ask me what went on in the last 14 years, but it's turned into political correctness and 'good family fun.' No tellin' what 'sue crazy' person decided the typical belly dancer offended him or his family.

First stop was the Parthenon in this medieval mix-up of European cultures. Here me and bob got us a bottle of Mead, which made us sleepy, and it was the ONLY 'pub' in the entire campus that served Spaten and other goodies, I guess the rest of the medieval people drank Bud Light, Miller, and Coors.


Hanging out by the Parthenon, I stumbled upon pregnant KIMMIE and Randy Z, a pleasant surprise considering I haven't seen them in ages. Fat boy representin' with his shirt from, ummm, Scotland?


The coolest 'ride' I would have loved to got on were these 'kings swings,' but alas, just like me looking at Manuelabor, then a two seater gondola in Venice, I just couldn't bring myself to hop on this thing with Bob.


The grounds are incredible, some serious work is put into the aesthetics of the place, and it is nicely tucked into a vegetation that begs you to even believe you are even in Texas. The incense is great, and 'Robin Hood' type tunes are everywhere.


Only in Texas will you find a dude dressed like a Roman, but with a cowboy hat and a Timex. Since is was the Roman week, even when in Rome, I guess Texas do what the Texans do, and appease the Romans.


A brawl out there, why? Who knows? The European's didn't even know what the hell was going on in the days of Feudalism, but, I bet it was something seeing dudes fight lions and things like this.


Last and I guess least is the joust. Last time I was there, this was hardcore, lots more speed, dudes gettin' creamed, now it was cream puff titty rubbin'. Don't get me started on what they've done to the mud pit, 14 years ago that shit was a free-for-all. Here's a youtube of the joust, the French dude didn't win, cause you know, like the shirt says.....Texas is bigger than France......hmmmm....


No comments: