A sign of age is the 'advice' you give to people. Nowadays the only advice I give to people can be summed up in one sure fire sentence. Be honest with yourself, and do whatever truly makes you happy in life, but make decisions for yourself, for only you have to wake up and be yourself in the morning. Bad George Bush grammar and Mike Brady preaching aside, its gonna be one of those wordy pointless blog entries.
I'm rockin the suburbs, they say wherever you go, there you are, and these burbs aren't bad. Sure I'd love to be a downtown boy right now, and for the long haul, but until I find a sugar mamma, or at least become a DINK, that ain't gonna happen. There's some cool stuff out here, cept my running trail right now is along Gattis School Road, feels like I'm about to get run over every second of my trek. I enjoy watering the grass, and my whole life I've wanted one of these sprinklers, just so I could watch it crawl across the yard. I've been eating some strange shit lately since the family is in Florida. Last night I made a big ass tuna patty, with some crumbled crackers, ketsup, and a few eggs to keep all that shit together. It sounds nasty but is actually pretty good.
Suburban friends are different from urban friends in refreshing ways. No they're not as 'cool', but they are cool in a different sort of way, better priorities, and they seem to have a much clearer mind (and strangely enough, not because they are turned off), most being settled.
That's enough defense on the burbs, don't get me wrong, when I start making some bucks....Inner city shanty with great local....here I come.
I've had plenty time to jam the guitar lately, been learning a lot of Shins tunes, Billy Bragg, Chris Isaak (as if I don't play that shit enough), and others, just browse the directory and see where it stops. Spin the bottle Internet tab searching style. Catching up with the overhead of life too, the VDub is squeaky clean, its refreshing to look at NADA, and even with 60k on it, its valued at about 20k. Word of advice, get a car with some bling, and it doesn't depreciate as fast.
Landing contracts to do work, and then collaboration with a group to get the work done. I think this is what I'm going to be doing in the future, my 'where do I want to be in 5 years' plan. Hard work, people you know (or the other word that rhymes with know) will get you 20% of the contract if it lands in 'the system.' Then all you have to do is do the work. Sounds like not too hard, and a win win model, the key is trust. It's amazing the lack of trust in the modern world, and I'm confident with trust it will all work.
PMP Shizzz -- yea the studying will commence again next week, hardcore. Books that I don't like reading are a pain in the a$$. I suppose this time I should actually READ the PMBOK instead of looking at the pictures.
Stay tuned for another fun and adventure filled weekend in Shinertown. I'm going to post some pictures of Bob and I Saturday, as we break the 15 mile mark again, look for sunburnt bald head and pasty white legs! Damn, with that combo, just can't keep the birds (british slang for chicks) off me! ---hahaha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment