Chomsky makes many good points in the book, but come on, can it be that bad? We do sponser 'state terrorism' here in our hemisphere when it serves us, and I don't believe it to be a coincidence there is no nation of power on this side of the pond, I believe we do hold other countries back if it's in our best interest.
We do believe in developing the economies of other nations, but its wholesale development and not retail development. We want to stick our own MNC's in there, Wal-Martatizing and Mc Donalds'afying the world, therefore, 'progess' has to be on our terms.
It's going to be a good while before I can handle another dose of Chomsky, his new book, more than likely about the Bush administrations abuse of power is just going to have to wait. Till then, damn, does someone have something light and fluffy to recommend?

No comments:
Post a Comment