Mike P is damn good friend who puts a lot of things into perspective for me in a code centric, logical sorta way. As we drive home from dinner at Bob's place tonight, we begin talking about how to embed a .net server control (specifically a Calendar of Events) into the page base of an application. As Mike P enlightens me on the intricacy of the .net framework, I attempt to weave this tech talk into practical wisdom, and blogging comes to mind. It's amazing what can be done with XML and RSS these days.
Blogging can be seen as a very selfish thing to do, a place where people go to hear themselves talk, a place where you can broadcast to the world what the hell you had for dinner this evening for anyone who cares. It's hard to find the perfect perspective based on the diversity of your audience.
Overall its amazing the power of these things, Blogs that is, a versatile utility of pure human word and thought. With the advent of the open era of communication, blogs serve as a binding agent amoung friends. I've finally identified another audience that is perhaps the most important of them all, a future audience. Heaven forbid I ever have bald headed little Roberts, and even more heaven forbid the bald headed Robert's have other bald headed Robert's, I leave a legacy of my life and times to future generations.
Instead of the cheesy joke of the day calendar, they can sort this blog accordingly and go, hmmm what did Gramps do today 70 years ago. And of course hopefully the young lads wouldn't use it for firepower to do or explore 'bad' things until their minds could process. Anyway, just thought it was kinda a neat idea, and that's why I put effort into it.
And yes, just in case you were wondering, I had Carne Guisada for supper tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment