Sunday, October 30, 2005

Calexico / Iron and Wine -- Stubb's BBQ

A lovely night for a near capacity crowd at Stubb's. The two bands together are absolutely fabulous, dynamite harmonies, and amazing songwriting. Calexico from Tuscon, AZ, captures the border sound brilliantly, and the Iron and Wine set, wow, what can I say?

Getting to the gig a bit late, and so many people being there, the best view we could come up with was half way up near the big tree.


Highlights of were Prison on Route 41, in which I snagged a quick video, and a cover of Always on My Mind. Poo that 'A History of Lovers' was left out of the mix, my favorite song of theirs by far.

So good was the night that I actually hit the merchandise table up for 27 bucks worth of misc. goodies.

------------------------
At the end of the working week
when drunken worlds meet

Blood spills out on the streets
and bodies are missing for weeks --- Calexico, Crystal Frontier

No comments: