Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Aus-tin Love to get Lost-In, But It's Too Damn Hot in Aus-tin

These were the sentiments echoed by the pasty / humble brit, who said he loved Austin, but it was too damn hot here, so he had to go back to London.

If I had to describe one word how the evening went, I suppose it would be inspiring. He says he calls himself Aqualung b/c he writes songs about the sea, dreamy, etc. The sound produced is a lovechild between Coldplay and Ben Folds, favoring Coldplay. The harmonies were tremendous, and the songs could only send me down the path of bizarro emotions.



The highlights of the evening were of course the 'big hit' Strange and Beautiful, and on the encore who would have guessed what was to happen. He comes out and speaks of how he recently had a baby, and two days later he heard this particular song, and he thought to himself 'I have it figured out.' What song do you ask? The song is 'God Only Knows' by the Beach Boys, which again sent me down a sentimental path, as a group of us saw Brian Wilson perform the tune about 8 months ago.

The night was fabulous, despite the Dawson's Creek sounding openers. At the end of the gig, the drummer threw his sticks out, Toshi caught one, and I got the other, very random stuff.

------------
'Sometimes, the last thing you want comes in first
Sometimes, the first thing you want never comes'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sticks rule.