Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Little Pink Houses for You and Me

Look at this monster, it's hard to believe the payment on this beast, nearly 2,000 square feet is only $615 per month. Putting it into perspective, I pay $550 per month for my 500 sq ft inner city ATX apartment. The final cost was near 75,000 with an abundance of furniture left behind.

6 big rooms, a huge backyard, 3 car garage, vaulted ceilings and wood floors are some of the nicities of this place. The place was built in 1925, so there is some updating that needs to be done, and eventually central air.

To all my city friends and 'ambitious' friends who think I'm an old pops and settling down, it's not the case. I will still retain residency in ATX. There are many family / logistical reasons for the purchase, and rest assured if I want to move to Istanbul one day, I'll still do it. How you may ask? Well, the old accounting analogy, when you have a leaky bucket, i.e. spending lots of money, you try to cover the leaks, and hence quit spending as much money. I really don't agree with plugging the leaks, my philosophy is to somehow get more water in the bucket. I suppose I'll have to get a 'real' job soon and sell my soul to the capitalist machine.

Bob and I are going to start doing random computer $hit under rockstar techies, the LLC we are going to set up -- in the main room of this crib, Saturdays only / and via email only. I really don't want some lady calling me at night asking me how to double click or something like that. I have two trips that I need to fund, one to Tel-Aviv in December, one to Japan next April.

House buying is a great feeling, a feeling of investment, and a nicer tax break, and a nice place where you can warm your bones beside the fire. Shiner is also a great place, great community and family.

I'll leave you with some pics of the place, feel free to come by and visit, I should be there at least 2 Saturday's a month, and I'm planning to have a monster party July 4th weekend.

Outside View


Upstairs Bedroom


Upstairs Bedroom 2


Kitchen


Bedroom


Hallway


Livingroom


Outside View / Corner Lot



Did anyone see the bada$$ retro furniture?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

pimp

Anonymous said...

Wow. Beautiful home, but I didn't understand your water analogy. The house has some leaky pipes? (Ha)

Anonymous said...

It's a very cute house. I hope Joe and I will get to visit.

Perez Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Perez Family said...

Retro Furniture? Isn't that another word for old Sh*t? Just kidding Robert the house is cool.

Anonymous said...

Good like hell....now Robert can enter city politics. I can see it now.....Mayor Bruns!

Jamie C said...

RB -- way to go!! Can't wait for the "official" grand tour. Back from London in less than 12 hours!

Jamie C said...

RB -- way to go!! Can't wait for the "official" grand tour. Back from London in less than 12 hours!