Here is the post where I Robert, congratulate all the people who are having / recently had babies, and damn the number of you is insane! Offhand let's see -- Ryan, Sara, Amy, Erin, Russell -- ummm, and that's just SHS class of 1995 (the one we are going to have the 10 yr reunion for soon - damn can you say old!) Getting pictures from you guys is very touching, and it is also touching to read the bro-in-laws sentiments on my nieces and nephews and it really brings me joy and happiness.
You know you class of 95 peeps bring a lot of peer pressure on me, considering yours truly hasn't passed Girlfriend 101 yet. You are truly on the higher end of the human evolutionary totem pole in terms of figuring out what is important in life, and I look to y'all for guidance and hope.
From good friends, I've heard it more than once that I'm one of the most sensitive people they know while simultaneously being one of the most insensitive people they know. I've also been indirectly been referred to as a 'misanthropic soul' -- and for all you bohonks that don't want to look up that big word, it means.... 'a general dislike of the human race' -- I suppose I have hope, but day to day life I smile the best smile I can, but generally speaking I have a disdain for the day to day blah situations that being an 'adult' puts you thru.
Having said all those stuff about misanthropic souls and the like, enter the thought that I want babies one day. It's such a nice feeling when I go to Jenny's place and Benny the dog is so damn happy to see me, I'm like, this sh*t rocks. I can only imagine what that feels like when you go home and see your own flesh and blood, your own genetic code, happy to see you, and vice versa. I know it will help me to find more meaning for existence, and help fix the issues that come with having not a whole lot of regard for life, and the human element.
So people with babies, I sincerely admire y'all, wish I could relate more, as one day we will definitely trade stories and such of what are babies and kids are doing, etc. For now, I'm getting my travel on, entertaining with 80% confidence the idea of moving to Londontown for 3-5 years, and biting off more than I can chew and chewing like hell.
Anywho, babies’ rock
\PS
One day I'll try to put into words the push / pull - Smigel / Gollum stuff that goes on in my head on a daily basis; The struggle for balance for a dude that has just too damn many options. Guess that isn’t a bad thing, but I suppose it can be a bad thing. Confusing stuff, damn.
-------------------
The quotes say to live life with the innocence of a child, the maturity of an adult and also take care of the place, we didn't inherit the earth from our parents, and we borrow it from our children. etc, etc, etc, etc
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment