Saturday, September 24, 2005

Austin City Limits -- Saturday 24th

tradition = a specific practice of long standing -- Austin City Limits, Jenny, Ashley and some master cylinders of brew, and a long a$$ walk to the park. This years festival lineup was stacked with all the tunes you could handle, and still bursting at the seams.


As you can see, a mass of humanity, Frost Bank Tower in the back, the building in which one of the Oasis pricks called 'Creepy'. Speaking of Oasis, they were everything I expected, arrogant, yet great hits. Other than calling Frost Bank creepy, they also complained about roaches in the hotel room. But damn, don't you love that 'Don't Look Back in Anger' song?


Somewhere between The Fiery Furnaces and the Drive By Truckers, the dustbowl came, and boy was it terrible. First we think a damn hurricane is a comin' (all the 2.5 million Houston evacuees, probably still on the road right now runnin' out of gas goin' back in), then we are suffering from dust, I can kinda imagine what the Grapes of Wrath was all about. Take away the tunes, fellowship, hardship, ummm, well not really, I guess the Okies had it hard in the day.


Next is what I dub as the ACL wishing tree, as you can see, people huddled around this tree, kinda like the cows do to get shade back home. Did I just hear a moo?


Lastly, doin' some representin' for the Austin Music Foundation, Ron-ster the Mon-ster and I, telling the local musicians to get their learn on so they don't get ripped off!


Shouts of to Built to Spill, The Frames, What Made Milwalkee Famous, Robert Randolf, The Fiery Furnaces, The Real Heros and of course Oasis for making this a special day of music.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Bruns, how was the Drive-By Truckers? I really dig those guys. . .