Monday, September 05, 2005

The Dalai Lama - Ticket Camp Out Session

First off, got tickets to see his holiness ......>>BOOYAH!<<........ Second off, got a date with Mike P to check him out. Out of all the friends I know, I know he will absorb more than most of what will be said. We used to talk shop frequently about Buddism. Not to mention I miss the fella. Of course a Clay Pit meal is in order for me camping out and getting the tickets.

Folks have been asking who they hell is The Dalai Lama and why the hell go see him. Simply put, I suppose he's the 'pope' of the Buddist religion. Lots of the teachings of The Dalai Lama transcend religion and give up to date, relevant, practical applications on what ethics and morals are in modern day society. The tibetians are some of the most peaceful people on the planet, as they are introspective. They deal with the pain within, which helps them, or anyone for that matter become more self-aware and enlightenend.

Check out the book, 'Ethics for the New Millennium', as I'm reading it now, and finding it to be a marvelous read. It talks about how negative trends form in our lives and society and how we neglect our 'inner dimension.' Problem identified -- I hope the dude gives solution in the later chapters.


Ron, thanks for the date, you enjoyed it, well I did too! Look forward to the crew of Alissa / Ron / Brad / Maggie / Mike P -- what a crew! Let's all get some grub afterwards to celebrate our enlightenment. Maybe the enlightenment will allow me to deal with the flaming hot curry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dalai Lama's attendees may wish to read (or listen to) the following book:

Ethics for the New Millennium: His Holiness the Dalai Lama

I found it quite enlightening on how to define ethics without specific religious trappings.

Mike said...

Namaste er sumptin like dat. The Dali Lama with special guest Jay-Z! Here is your momment of zen!