Saturday, November 19, 2005

Ben Folds - Grand Prairie / DFW

Since I'm going to see Ben tomorrow in Austin, I'll save all the sentimental jargon for the post tomorrow. Tonight the stage is set, the Nokia Theatre in Grand Prairie. Grand Prairie, where the hell is that? This place, from what I understand, replaces the 'Bronco Bowl', a place in which I have fond memories, with a squeaky clean corporate depiction of 'what people like.'

On to the show, amazing seats thanks to the lovely Laura, about 10 rows back. Here's a shot of Ben 'directing' the crowd, as the little angry dwarf stands on his piano.


Mike P.....what can I say about this guy. He's recently got attention from Newsweek Magazine for his work with Lifehacker, 'the hackin'ist crackin'ist guy' I know. Watch this amazingly funny video about what Mike P thinks about Coors Light, the #1 redneck beer in America, and of course, telling by the picture, he loves Ben Folds.


Next picture, one would ask, why do you have a picture of Manuelabor's ass on your blog. I want to serve the loyal readers of the blog, and Jenny's friend thinks Manuelabor is cute, so with the express written consent of Manuel, and his fiery irish girl Lacy, his ass now appears on my blog.


An afternoon with the legendary John Baird was in order too, playing classic country, which seems to be the new 'cool' thing in Ft Worth. John is an awesome dude, owner of Creative Fuel, a full service graphics company with clients that range from Kid Rock to Eddie Money, and most of the DFW 'gentlemans clubs'.

Just look at Mr Confederate war hero hat --


Tomorrow's post will be all about Ben Folds, his performance, evaluation of the two shows, etc. Until then just check out Mike P and Manuelabor.

The Setlist for the Evening was as follows (for the geek at heart):

1. Gone 2. Can't Be Trusted 3. Cooler Than You 4. Bastard 5. Jesusland 6. Jesusland 'Radio Cut' 7. Freebird 8. God Morning Son 9. You To Thank 10. Annie Waits 11. Landed 12. Bitches Ain't Shit 13. Fred Jones 14. Evaporated 15. Emaline 16. 3.6 17. Brick 18. Army 19. The Ascent of Stan 20. Zac and Sara 21. Rockin' The Suburbs 22. Not the Same 23. Philospohy 24. Narcolopsy 25. Kiss My Ass

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Jenny's friend, and I just wanted to say thank you. That is a great picture. I would like to see it in person though :) ha, ha