Just look at those studs lined up for battle over the pigskin. Just lovely.
Being out there on the brisk November Friday, reminds me of the glory days of being 'punt return guy', where your linemen would block for about 2 seconds, and turn around and look at you while you are trying to catch this ball while 11 meatheads are running down the field smelling blood, while Lyndon Lee and I are back there going, "catch it, no you catch it, catch, no you." Needless to say I did have snot bubbles a few times and many times I'd get smacked so hard I was looking out the ear hole.
More exciting stuff was the SHS Band, who recently scored a 1 in the State UIL contest, which is great stuff. For a while I held first chair trumpet, but the peer pressures of football got the best of me, and I decided to play so I could be 'cool'.
Check out the absolutely wicked version of Crazy Train the band performed. YIPPIE! Don't get me started on how I love marching bands, especially the ones in the Mardi Gras parades in New Orleans, and the movie Drumline is amazing!
And then here's my lovely mother and I. It's amazing how I could have came from something that beautiful! Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I look forward to spending a lot of long overdue quality time with my family.
It's nice getting in the car and driving, I totally forgot how great Cake's Motorcade of Generosity is.
-------------------------
you need to straighten your posture and suck in your gut.
you need to pull back your shoulders and tighten your butt.
yeah, come Comanche, Comanche, Comanche, commode.
if you want to have cities, you've got to build roads. --Cake, Comanche

No comments:
Post a Comment