Monday, November 14, 2005

A Tale from the Edge of Western Civilization - The People, The Places

Time: Thursday Nov 10th - Nov 14, The People: Mike Diz, Jenny, Rolando, and Mr. I can't get a nickname to stick. Places: Los Angeles, Solvang, Morro Bay, San Francisco. The last few days are hard to catalogue, but I'll give it a shot. For the sake of organization and blog friendly searches, there will be multiple posts based on the insanity of the last few days.

Detailed commentary on A Trip Thru the Wine Country Sideways Style, A Trip Down the Pacific Coast Highway, Brendan Benson at Slim's San Francisco, My Morning Jacket at The Fillmore San Francisco, The De Young Museum, Random San Franciso Antics, my philosophical / sociological undertones of what I thought of the trip (coming soon), can be found at their respective postings.

As the Beatle crawls north, the trip is approximately 440 miles, with a stop overnight in Morro Bay. Notice the trusty car, a cheapo GPS unit that integrates nicely with MS Mappoint.


Mr. Hat too small for my head is the co-pilot / author of the blog. A nice picture taken actually on the way back from LA with a hat 'borrowed' from a chick at the My Morning Jacket show and forgot to return.


Then you have Ponch, I mean Roland, in his stolen Volvo providing the wheels that spun us up the coast.

Rolando and Big Head, with the master plan, taken in Cha Cha Cha , a smokin' Tapas Bar on Haight Street San Francisco.

Then there's the silly rabbit, Jenny and Rolando, who you can't really tell where his real hair ends and the fake hair begins.

Finally we have Mike D, kickin' it, being cold as hell right by San Francisco Bay. As per conversations with 'the locals', the 'hippies' supposedly live over the hills across the bridge.

Of course Roland and I had to represent for the Texas State Bobcats at GGB 2005! How did we get here, what did we do, stay tuned and we'll attempt to weave you a tale of delight.

More on random antics from San Francisco, A trip to the De Young Museum and Japanese Garden, and my sentiments of the trip to come tomorrow, check the blog going back, for now I'm out of go go juice, and I want to try to keep my posts juicy.

-------------------
California is a queer place--in a way, it has turned its back on the world, and looks into the void Pacific. It is absolutely selfish, very empty, but not false, and at least, not full of false effort...It's sort of crazy-sensible. - D.H. Lawrence

No comments: