Thanks to Rolando and his generosity, Thursday I'm hopping on an aeroplane to LAX with a first class ticket for 160 bucks, we are going to take his shiny new Volvo to San Francisco. During the trip I suppose we are going to weigh the pros and cons of his potential move back to ATX.
In taking trips out to LA, we usually go down south San Diego way, and of course Tijuana and Avenida Revolucion . This time we are going to take the trip north.
San Francisco, besides being the home of Mr Sulu from Star Trek, who recently came out of the closet, it is a city of intrigue. Doing the research, I've discovered it was the Ellis Island of the west, and there's two ways into the city, one being the Golden Gate Bridge. It's got an amazing Chinatown and Fisherman's Wharf. And of course seeing Castro will be cool, I don't expect my butchy ass will get hit on by any of the refined and cultured gay people. The more I reasearch, the more I love the place, and the more I'd entertain notions of moving there one day, until I get it thru my thick skull that a 1 bedroom dive would be 10 billion dollars to rent. Who knows?
Thus far we've got a Brendan Benson gig booked at Slim's for Friday's entertainment, and Saturday My Morning Jacket and the legendary Fillmore. I hope to hang out mostly in the Tenderloin area (interesting story it was dubbed this b/c the cops used to get paid more for working here, thus being able to afford better cuts of meat).
On the flipside we are going to check out a band playing at The Troubadour , a place where the Old 97's recorded a brilliant concert turned into DVD.
More to come, just my first written attempt to convince Jenny and Mike D to make the trip too, as they are teetering on the edge.
Good luck with me getting flowers in my 'hair'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am not saying you are gay but this might be like a trip to mecca for you.
Post a Comment