Saturday, April 01, 2006

See? Billy Idol Gets It

A page out of Robbie Hart's book, the protagonist on The Wedding Singer. Billy Idol understands love, and so does D-Dog and The Crystal Chandelier.

The 'Robert and Guest' invitation turned into a slew of city folk invadin' the wedding, actin' the fool the majority of the night. I don't believe we sat out a single song the entire evening. I recall one song I was hopping across the dance floor, avoiding kids, parents and fossils.

There's the lovely couple, thanks Aya in advance for the wonderful pictures. Dustin, mr white coat, lookin' all pimp, dropped some poundage for the wedding, kudos buddy, you looked 'hot' --- hahahaha-- Dustin's favorite word is "BITCH." He usually says it after 40 some odd beers.


Wedding began for me late, as Yasu and Aya get lost coming from San Marcos, so I decide to drink dollar cups at Howard's with G-man and Timmy and some of his crew. By the time Yasu arrives at 7, I'm 3 sheets to the wind.


The crew, Mel and Bob, Mr Belvadere, Queen Bee, Kristin, Mr Fat Head, Shaggy (Ashley) and John, Yasu and Aya. Talk about a crew that lite up that dance floor. Beasts new girlfriend must think I dance like the goofiest white boy she's ever seen on the planet.


The heat came down and the sweats came up. Just check out that inspiration, I mean perspiration on my face. When the grand march came around Kristin grabbed me by the elbow, and said I was 'elbowing,' instead of pitting. WHEW!


The country band playing had nothing on when Nate Dogg and Beast tore the stage up with some Greenday and Sublime covers. We went to the front of the stage and acted like rock star groupies. I even met Mr No More Weights up there, and had a lovely chat with him and his wife.


Grand march kicks in and I appreciate the pictures sent. Often I overlook the pandemonium that goes on in these things. If you not a rural Texan, you don't really know this bohemian ritual.


Speakin' of grand march, one is not complete without a bottle of moonshine floatin' around. Well we put a massive hit on that bottle as it passed by. I busted it against my tooth pretty hard by accident, it wasn't fun. The lovely Aya seemed to enjoy the drink too!


Later in the evening this group discovered Shiner Bock, the beer laxative. I hope they weren't....ummmm......nevermind......the next morning.


All in all the wedding was a blast. You guys are great. Beast, your turn next! Tag, you're it.

------
Here's a nice video of the grand march. I imagine Yasu describing this to his family back home in Japan. Well, you see, there are these rednecks, and they drink a lot of beer, and they get all drunk, and they stomp around and yelling really crazy things.

1 comment:

"K" Fingerett said...

Whoa... looks like you all had a great time!

"I recall one song I was hopping across the dance floor, avoiding kids, parents and fossils." [hehe at the "fossils"]

And why were they drinking beer laxatives like they were a few cans of soda pop? [just wondering...]


~K