Random tidbit, did you know Slash made them carry that church out in the middle of the desert, for the Video November Rain, just so he could JAM in front of it? That's some excessive sh*t.
In visiting Houston this weekend, I always go to my sister's church. I've been to many 'wrong' churches, and that's why I more often than not opt to sleep in. I get more out of sleeping in than going to hear a message. Well this church is progressive, the community is involved, there's lots of interesting people, and it's not 'preachy', wish I could explain it better. It's worthwhile to get up for this on Sunday morning, you can get something out of it, instead of just loafing about all Sunday.
I'm always excited for friends going overseas, especially friends that are going to see mutual friends and such. My friend Meghan from Canada is visiting London then Japan, potentially seeing Neil (a buddy of mine from 'the motherland') and of course Toshi in Japan. I'm all sorts of hyped about that, gives me something to daydream about. Like Red going to see Andy in Mexico -- I want to see my friend, my friend Toshi, my friend Neil. Hopefully they will drink a beer or two or twenty five.
Speaking of absence, I'm not going to be able to make the Belle and Sebastian with The Shins in Los Angeles as planned, the pocketbook just doesn't all for any sorts of adventures at the moment. Hopefully I'll get some phone calls at 'key' moments of the gig, and it would be stellar to check it out, but there will be other gigs.
Mr Steve, my buddy from San Antonio will be in town this week, and I look forward to spending some time with him catching up on the latest news and gigs at the amphitheatre.
PMP study lunches are still commencing at Denny's on Monday and Wednesday, still most of the day class on Friday, and yet another study session has been added for the weekend. I'm going to be taking my test sometime during the week of July 17th, to get it over with, no guts no glory.
A word HAS to be said about family, I love mine to death, all of them are amazing supportive people, sometimes I feel as if I wouldn't have them, I'd be out on the street somewhere, or working at the local convenient store in Shiner. A big thanks for everything family, I owe all of y'all one.
Stayed tuned for another dull week of postings, but I found my camera so I'll start adding pictures again. This week is studying, studying, studying, but I'm sure me and Steve will stir up something at least one night this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment