It's that time, time to procrastinate about putting my resume together. Right now life is one big pile of uncertainty. I've been doing plenty research on the job market and potential places to move, even though Austin seems to be on the top 10's of many lists in terms of places to live, as it pertains to 'bang for your buck' and other intangibles that make the place unique. It sucks thinking about moving, considering I take advantage of a lot of the intangibles.
Resumes are kinda stupid, who tells the truth on them anyway, and it sucks you have to spend a lot of time prepping the resume in order to land face time. I have no idea how I landed the job I currently have back in the day, I chalk it up to 'interviewing skills.'
Weird how places are now asking you if you have a myspace account or a blog in the inquiry process. Lots of crazy social things happening on myspace these days....i.e. the video portion. It's mildly sick to see which 'videos' crawl to the top of the most watched list, even though they preach that if you upload porn, your account will be deleted.
I guess this means I search for a liberal place to work, or quit blogging, or sugar coat words to make things irrevalent, to the point where the next time I blog I will say, well here's what I ate for lunch.
I've checked out jobs in Baghdad, for a business / IT dude, the salaries are up in the 140's, sure would be nice to make that bank, ummmm, revolver, bulletproof vest, and a fast pair of tennis shoes please. Why the flipidy flip don't the troops wear some sort of gps units, and if they do, how can they get lost?
Well there's the random update, I'm tasked with getting draft one of my resume finished this evening, and one night this week creating a new face to this crusty blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment