Sunday, June 04, 2006

Back in the Day You Had Been Part of the Smart Set, You'd Holidayed with Kings, Dined out with Starlets

Random Updates....

Living in limbo has been getting much better. Thanks for everyone offering a bed, couch or moral support thru my month and coming months of indecision. Especially my wonderful sister Jeannie, who's taken the brunt of it all. And also thanks to Ashley and John for a lovely couch, and the best shower head EVER! Just how do they make the water feel like that coming out? AMAZING -- I will be driving from Shiner two days a week, once on Monday, once on Wednesday (or until further notice of 'friend wanna hang out type scenarios, and o boy the way can I sleep on your couch type excursions'). The IPOD is my friend, iTunes is bearable, and the podcasts are STELLAR, so driving doesn't matter too much at all. Just wish Bush could do something about the gas prices (blame it ALL on Bush, it's ALL his fault! hahaha)

I got 'permission' from PMI to sit for my PMP exam based on my application, how's that for acronym overload. The next 5 Fridays are prep class, then a day of cramming, then a 2 day brain overload of information that will hopefully ensure that I pass the $600 to take exam the FIRST time. Geeze, I can't imagine it being that freakin' difficult. So weekends are studying, and a few nights of week are studying.

We have the first ever 'tech' intern at AMF, his name is John, a cool dude, great to bounce ideas off, etc. We meet on Tuesday and Thursday 4pm, and on the agenda for the summer is build 'intelligent' reports for membership, set up an exchange server, a 2003R2 domain, as well as other things like an AMF wiki, and podcasting. We'll see how it all goes.


Blogging will commence back to normal now that I'm for the most part caught up with laundry, and have the comfort that I can actually take my test, and that I got into my prep class, etc. Damn, too old for this sh*t. Now, gonna pop in some Guided by Voices and relax for the drive home.

----------------------------
Quotes from my new homeboy

As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The heights charm us, but the steps do not;
with the mountain in our view we love to walk the plains.
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

To think is easy. To act is hard. But the hardest thing
in the world is to act in accordance with your thinking.
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Give me the benefit of your convictions, if you have any,
but keep your doubts to yourself, for I have enough of my own.
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No comments: