Sunday, June 11, 2006

When Some Loud Braggart Tries to Put Me Down, And Says His School is Great...

The crazy small town politics seem to have settled, and students at the public school in Shiner will no longer have to deal with rats, roaches, and silly putty holding the building together, as the frame of the new school sits right next to the football field in Shiner.

Prime real-estate out there, right by the park. When I pull my Gump routine and run by the road, I see progress all the time.


I have many memories of what will be the old school, lunch lady land, a crusty gym, and the plot of land that currently houses K-12.

From what I understand, Shiner is now actually one of the biggest 1A's in Texas, It's nice that there is a new school. Next thing we have to work on is getting arts and humanities teachers, so kids actually know things like that exist.

No comments: