For what I lack in knowledge, I had to opportunity to speak with an art professor at Berkley while checking out the place, and he had choice comments about the place. Saying things like 'the dweeb who was the architect of this building didn't know sh*t, San Francisco should have rejected it for the third time, etc, etc. I learned a lot about lighting and 'space' and things like that, which was interesting.
My opinion the building looks fine resting in Golden Gate Park, right next to a Japanese Tea Garden and a Shakespeare themed theatre.


The outside, climate, sunset, atmosphere, classical guitar player playing Classical Gas, reminded me of times hanging out at in Plaza Espana in Barcelona. The Prado is a beast by the way.

I like paintings and stuff, it's all good, but I like the other 'stuff' better. Here's some pathetic attempts of interpretation of art.
This right here, a hovering array of random pictures, sat there and looked at it for like 10 minutes and couldn't find a repeating pattern. I suppose what came to mind was The Shins lyric, 'There's no design No Flaws to Find.' Something existential, maybe there is no God, and the chaos on the screen is life, nothing you can do but sit there and look at it, as it's hard to fathom someone who can control it? OK, maybe not, maybe it's just a bunch of random pictures with an Mac running a simple random algorithm.

Next set of noteworthy art was these shiny orbs. They reminded me of that movie Phantasm I saw when I was a kid, about that spinning ball that would kill people.

Last but not least, an entire room dedicated to the instrument you are sitting your keister on right now. The had some chairs from all ages and empires. If I were an alien from another planet, this lack of conformity on such a rudimentary level would baffle me.

The tea garden nearby was a comfortable and relaxing placing to put our bones up for spell. It must have been German day at the garden, as lots of German tourists were paying homage to this statue.

Too much to see and absorb in a day, luckily by virtue of being sneaky and being late in the day, the 15 dollar cover was waived. A definite must see if you are in the area, as it only opened a month ago.

No comments:
Post a Comment