Saturday, November 12, 2005

My Morning Jacket at The Fillmore San Francisco

Literally the crowd was filled with fairies, as My Morning Jacket appears to be taping a DVD for the back to back sold out performances at the legendary Fillmore. The band was in pure form.

Being a Texan that's pretty well versed in music, and has seen his share of shows, I can honestly say the Fillmore is the most amazing live music venue BY FAR that I've had the pleasure of visiting.

I don't know if the stage is this way all the time, but the mock trees in the background and the amazing light show made for stunning visuals. Check out the video's amazing lights, words nor pictures nor the video can describe.


The open Saul Williams was equally on fire, although an odd pairing for the evening. An intense word poet with a somewhat mellow white boy group.


Even though the new album Z doesn't stack up to My Morning Jacket of old, the concert was amazing. I could be in awe watching Sandler fart on a snare drum at The Fillmore.

No comments: