Saturday, July 02, 2005

Live 8

Watched a good piece of Live 8 on TV -- Saw the likes of Paul McCartney, Pink Floyd, Madonna, The Who, Greenday (who covered We Are the Champions), Kayne West, etc.


Time for me to give my opinion --
----------------------------------
Although a good performance and a good cause, history tells us rocks stars rockin' hard for a day don't really get the job done. It serves as a smoke screen for western society to say 'Hey we're helping see?! We sent J-Lo to shake her ass.

It also makes Africa just look plain poor and pathetic. 'Saving' Africa in my opinion requires investments by free enterprise and big goverments in political and social institutions already there that are getting the job done. I suppose I could go on about this forever.

Tender sentiments, yes I know, but no more candy coated than Live 8.

No comments: