Here's ripped off lyrics from tunes of new and old to help understand 'the state I’m in.' Yea this is cheesy shit that I'm sure is gonna fly over most heads, but think of it as 'name that tune'
------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, so I'm a bit confused about life in general. 'So tell me what the hell is normal and who the hell is sane? And why the hell care anyway?' What happens when you get 'You've got stuck in a moment, And now you can't get out of it', when 'you can see the stars but still not see the light', when 'so often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key', and why do we 'run to stand still.' 'It saves time to say what you mean', certainly, but when you don't know what you mean 'the confusion sets in'. The tragic irony of a 'blind man on a canyon's edge of a panoramic scene'. Confusion leads typical 'dudes' like myself to bars where 'rows of fools on rows of stools is not what's on my mind.' All the time I'm thinkin' 'Is this the in place to be? What am I doing here? Watching the girls go by, Spending money on....' and moreso 'I won't dance in a club like this, all the girls are slags, and the beer tastes just like piss.' But regardless 'I'm going down to Jimmy's bar like a thousand other times, with an appetite for poison and a suitcase full of dimes.'
So what compels the average soul to 'spend money on women and wine, But I couldn't tell you where I spent last night' In the morning you take '3 3 3 for the heartache and 4 4 4 for the headaches'. It's all about searching, 'Searching, for everything already there. For every thought already known. For everything that ever was, is, and will be. Struggling. Oh how we struggle. And the more we avoid it, the greater the struggle becomes' and also 'searching through these carousels and the carnival arcades, Searching everywhere from steeplechase to palisades, and In any shooting gallery where promises are made To rockaway, rockaway... rockaway, rockaway From Cullercoats and Whitley Bay out to rockaway.
Do 'we all need reassurance as we play life's game of endurance'? Certainly, especially when 'someone comes along and washes away your hard earned piece of mind.' Most definitely 'the water is warm 'til you discover how deep.' Is life 'a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn'?
In the end, 'how to fight loneliness: smile all the time, shine your teeth till meaningless, sharpen them with lies', and most importantly 'laugh at every joke', I suppose even if it's lame?
'I know I'll find the one, and sure enough she'll come along' -- and it will be like 'two loose kites falling from the sky, Drawn to the ground and an end to flight.' But for some of us, 'It's gonna take time, A whole lot of precious time, It's gonna take patience and time' and the wonderful product of patience and time is how the boss puts it best; 'sleeping beneath peaceful skies in my lover's bed, with a wide open country in my eyes, and these romantic dreams in my head.'
I have been 'lying there staring at the ceiling, waiting for a sleepy feeling', but now the time is come to 'let the moonlight take the lid off my dreams'
Huh, maybe, just maybe 'You Don't Need An Indie Song, To Figure Out What's Going On' ??
Guten Nacht Friends,
Guten Nacht Internet,
Guten Nacht Google Cache ---
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment