Saturday, December 17, 2005

Keep Truckin’, Like the Do-Dah Man

When I received a call at 8am from my Iowa cousin Todd, saying he was in Missouri now, but will be in Shiner by the night time, I high tailed it down home for some family fun.

Mom and I see eye to eye on a lot of things. Getting to the house, we decorated the tree, the way we like it done. Pull that bizzo out of the box and plug her in, DONE! Fiber optics rule, I could stare at it for days!


Later on, Timmy, made a cauldron of stew in his garage. We tore into it, and it tore into me later in the evening. Timmy gave words that his dune buggy was crashed a few weeks before, as the throttle got stuck. Timmy wrecking the dune buggy, man I hear stories like this all the time and I'm really sad I can't partake in the mischief.


Todd covered 800 miles to make it home, so we showed him a proper Shiner evening complete with bar hopping and pool at the Shimek Residence. We also took the big rig around town, I didn't get to drive but I did some shifting, very crazy stuff being that high above the ground. A festive truck, a cool dude, and fun times.


K-Man was checking out the truck too. I bet the little dude was thinking "Damn, this is a big ass truck!"


---------------------------

-- Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it’s been" --The Dead

No comments: