First and foremost, the hip of the hip attend these events, there was only 1 dude there that I was cooler than. It brings out the trendy indie people in the masses.
Playland reminds me of the days when I skated to The Bangles -Walk Like an Egyptian when I was a kid, and roller rinks all have the same musty smell.
Sparkle Plenty and Lucille Brawl are my favorites, as Mike D and I had 'ringside' seats for the occasion, not to mention some chicks getting body checked and landing nearly in our laps. I've condensed this video to under 5 meg, watch this insanity! hip checks flying and girls flying into the crowd.
A crazy cool place to go, I had a smashing time! The after party at Emo's was a little too much for me, although I would love to get Sparkle's autograph one day. One could describe it as the poor man's wrestling, but the girls can skate, they are all cool looking, and killer live music from Winelord and Sons of Hercules.
The verdict, I'm sold, best time I've had in ages. 5 Jalapenos
-------------------------
'You're pretty as a penny, roller-skate skinny
Pretty as a penny, roller-skate skinny' -- Rhett Miller

No comments:
Post a Comment