Saturday, January 14, 2006

Enchanted Rock -- You Got to Go To Boulder Child

The beautiful day granted us access to Enchanted Rock. Ashley >> John >> Sara B >> Me, scale the rock. While hiking to the top, for some strange reason I think of Steven King's 'The Stand' and the creepy old black lady summoning the good crew to go to Boulder. We scaled to the top, checked out the great views, got a bit confused on the way down. On the way back we sampled some extremely wicked Porters at the Fredericksburg Brewing Company . Only a few of these homemade brews will knock even a seasoned veteran on their ass.

Hiking to the top, the topography looks like the moon, Moon Patrol! It's funny the steeper the rock gets towards the top, all the fat people taper off, and Mr Fat Boy me is panting as we reach the summit.


I found a patch of cactus and decided to take a picture in the cactus. Hmmm, I don't know what I was thinking.


One thing is for certain, these crusty Globe shoes aren't good hiking material, and my feet are feeling the effects.


Good ol Ashley and John, the outdoorsy types that tell me I should learn how to camp. Hmmm, wonder if there is wifi and power out there?


Camping hmmm, definitely somewhere you go with people who's company you enjoy, or at least tolerate. The day trip to the rock was the shit, I look forward to going back again sooner than later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ashley's got a great pair of legs

Anonymous said...

what a perv (ha ha)