Thursday, January 05, 2006

Should I Try to be a Straight 'A' Student, If you are then you Think too Much

A round of interviews has come and gone, left me wondering how I've came to the position I'm in. Lowest 'GPA' I seen of people interviewed was a 3.55. Based on what I did in college, I'd be making pizza for a living.

I got out of there (college) with a 2.2, or by the 'grace of the good laude.' I made a 'D' in world literature, art appreciation, advanced COBOL, and database mgmt systems. The rest were pretty much 'C', and surprisingly enough 'A's' in Advanced Systems and Quantitative Methods.

Excuses excuses excuses, I suppose I could have went to class more, worked less, and played less. This would maybe make up for lack of book smarts and attention span and dis-interest.

Yea, and I don't even know what a slide rule is for......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't feel stupid. I don't think I am stupid.

I just never accepted that this tiny set of numbers really defined how much I knew, how smart I was, etc.

But, I guess all the dumb people say that.

Anonymous said...

The book, "Millionaire Mind", had the following observations:
- Grades in high school are a good indication of how you will do on your SAT (highly correlated).
- SAT score is a good indication of how well you will do in College (highly correlated).
- High School/SAT/College grades give have no impact in how much wealth you accomulate in the long term. (no corrleation) [Exceptions - Doctor/Lawer]

He had entire sections explaining how low SAT/College scores, actually drove people to be more productive, to prove people wrong...