A state of the union address Monday morning 4:15. There's some strange irony that we don't have to work today because of Martin Luther King Day, Thursday we don't work because of Confederate Heroes Day.
What can you say about the guy fired from Google for blogging about the company? I don't know the details, but this comes just after Forbes highlighted Google for having the open and honest policy. Blogs are tricky, and then can destroy a company's reputation, and they can wreck peoples lives. Just lace your blog with keywords these days, and what you thought was a close circle of your friends turns into 100,000 hits. But really who cares about reading personal journals online, like this shirt portrays (I'm going to buy this one or make one myself)? I'm finding out there are a lot of people who care. Try blogging about The Texas Rollergirls and see how many of them email you.
Fired from the company, hmmmm. It's healthy to expose elements of corruption, insider politics, favoritism, etc for the betterment of society. Problem is most people don't understand how to do it tactfully. My job has its pros and cons, the cons I just speak in generalities, for as it stands now, I could lose the job. However, when there's nothing left to lose on my part, I'll attempt to pop a tactful blog out there citing different concerns about the great state of Texas, and I definitely agree with Ronnie Reagan when he said the nine scariest words --"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." Unless you've worked for the machine, you can't fully take these words to heart.
Employment is comical, it lacks imagination. What do you make of the dreaded corporate ladder, or the chain of command.....antiquated shit, that's what. Especially in a political enlivenment, work is done by groups of dedicated peers, indifferent of levels. When places promote based on tenure and not merit, you have the clusterfuck known as state government.
Epic environments help create enhanced individuals, this is difficult to achieve, but it can be done with intangible benefits (imagination), a damn good boss, and of course more benjamins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment