Friday, January 06, 2006

A Fairwell to a King - Mike D

Mike D has set sail for the distant shores of TEA, to the land of milk and honey. Needless to say I'll miss the guy, but it's all inevitable, and it's not a goodbye, its a see you later, and all that mumbo jumbo: too much experience to sum up in a post. He's a smart worker, result oriented and will be a valuable asset wherever he goes in life.

Met the dude about 5 years ago and he's catapulted his way to nearly the top of my adventurous friends. From quiet long haired filipino to mr dance on stage, he lives a life of experience, and doesn't make excuses like "I can't go here because......" and things of this nature. That's the thing I admire most about the fella, his ability to be open and mobile, and also standing firm when it comes to principal.


No booze fest for the occasion, at least for now, but a classic chili burger and mushrooms from Burger Tex was in order. Some of the co-workers that never get the bloglight are the PMAN. Pman just loves it when i give him the affectionate poke in the belly from behind when he's concentrating on work, and in turn he gives me a succession of rapid slaps on my bald head.


Then there's the Gman, the mad scientist, got so much brains, but pretty damn spastic. I suppose I'm not talking shit about him, because I tell him the same thing in real life. And of course the doc.


What's left at work is a good Down Periscope crew IF the damn thing could be managed mo' betta. A more appropriate farewell address to come sooner than later.

Farewell brotha -- May the Force be with You --

-------------------------------------------------
Mike D's closing sentiments
--------------------------------
Well gang it's been a hella good ride for me here at DPS the last 4+ years... I learned a great deal, worked with great people, but most importantly made a lot of great friends. Just wanted to say thanks for everything and it's been a pleasure working with you all.

The Dizzle is outta here, but The Drizzle will always remain at DPS....

Peace!

Mike Diz

No comments: