Wednesday, May 31, 2006

All the Highs and the Lows and the To's and the Fro's They Left Me Dizzy

The best therapy for the soul is to get out there and get exposure to something other than yourself. The posting wraps up a series of posts about my 'adventures in Deutschland.'

Often people in life take shit for granted, I'm probably one of them. Often people get caught up in mundane details in life, and maybe lose the big picture, or lose vision. A hop across the ocean helps people acquire vision, if they chose to accept this help, and they choose to accept a vision.

Throughout the trip, I've done like Ben Kweller says, "I want to see everything TWICE." I've covered the same ground, and its great to see what's changed, what's not changed, how you've changed, and how you haven't changed. It's great to see old friends, how they've changed, blah blah blah. It gives me the warm and fuzzies to know that things are how they were left, a mutual respect and admiration of friends who are living or are from a different culture. That's a world flatten-er, and something that I believe teaches you tolerance, on a global scale. There should be a freakin' 'travel to a different country' requirement in today's education system.

My boss always tells me I'm a communist, I'm not a communist, but I'd like to think that they had some things right, and the people who have grown up under communist control seem to have a lot of character and appreciation for what they have, which we seem to have lost as a nation. Maybe the only way to get this appreciation back is thru crisis.

I always hear people bitch about 'Mexican immigrants' around here, but putting it into perspective, Germany has immigrants from Poland for cheap labor, Turkish people who seem to not want to integrate into the German culture, or at least 'speak German', and the older generations that have a communists ideology. That seems like a real challenge, the re-unification, or unification of Germany, and O wait, then there's the European Union, and the struggles for the heart and soul of that organization. That's some challenges, so please no more complaining about Mexicans.

Well that's it for now, have a great day all my internet friends. Bye Bye

No comments: