Tomorrow we begin our trek to Deutschland, via VDub ride to Houston. What will I miss while I'm gone?.....Hmmmm, a hectic learning curve of identity management with MIIS and some knock off of active directory, 'customers' petty little requests, and meetings meetings meetings, or as the grinch would say....O the noise noise noise!
I'll miss my little nephews, although Collin will be happy to have his room back for a spell, and I prolong dying by 2 weeks in suburban traffic, where at one point the flow of traffic is 70, and the next second it is 20 --- simply can't understand that!
It's 11.33 pm, and I haven't packed a single thing yet, but I do have the clothes in the wash! Yay livejournal yay. It's been a busy crazy hectic hard on the bones last seven days or so, but once I hop on that plan, or hop off that plane rather, all my troubles will vanish for a spell while I look at castles, and, um, museums, and um, other old stuff.
Berlin I'm hyped about the two gigs, Divine Comedy and The Babyshambles (download the acoustic torrents on the site, they are good). Seeing a good ol talented druggie in a seedy East Berlin venue will be a real treat, and the next night my modern day hero when it comes to lyrics in music, he's got it all. I'd like to go the the Technical Museum, its the biggest in the world, and another art museum, not modern, the old stuff. The Brandenburg Gate and checkpoint charlie are going to be awesome too.
Prague I'd like to go 'clubbin,' drink some Absinthe just like Kafka did back in the day, which probably made him go nuts, try to find Radio Free Europe, look at all these big churches, and get a 'legit' massage, in a spa, while drinking a pint or two, this is becoming popular in Prague from what I read.
Munich, touring the BMW plant, Olympic Park, ummm, going to so high place and looking down on all the cool colored buildings. Then on to Snow White's castle, right after clearing the throat from the concentration experience.
A hop down to Salzburg, hopefully a stop at the Eagles Nest, and then a drive up The Romantic Road, which summed up was a trade route in the middle ages, lots of old cities, way too much to blog about, but read about that sh*t, its awesome.
Well that's about it folks, I'll try to keep y'all updated if nothing other than a 'holla from this big a$$ medieval castle' or something to that effect, and also my GPS coordinates so yall can look it up on the map, I'm geeky that way.
Signing out for the next few weeks for the most part, but check back for some killer pictures and hopefully humorous commentary when I'm back to rest at work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment